Welcome to the
California Truth & Healing Council
Resources for tribal governments, communities, and casinos are available at https://tribalaffairs.ca.gov/covid-19.
We strongly encourage everyone to follow the guidance on general health and safety best practices from the California Department of Public Health:
* Stay home when you are sick, except to get medical care.
* Cover your coughs and sneezes with a tissue or sleeve, then throw the tissue in the trash.
* Wash your hands often with soap and water for at least 20 seconds, especially after going to the bathroom; before eating; and after blowing your nose, coughing, or sneezing.
* Avoid touching your eyes, nose, and mouth with unwashed hands.
* Clean frequently touched surfaces and objects daily.
* Minimize hand shaking or hugging.
The California Truth & Healing Council, created by Executive Order N-15-19, bears witness to, records, examines existing documentation of, and receives California Native American narratives regarding the historical relationship between the State of California and California Native Americans in order to clarify the historical record of such relationship in the spirit of truth and healing. The Council is led and convened by the Governor’s Tribal Advisor and includes representatives from California Native American tribes, relevant state and local agencies, and other relevant non-governmental stakeholders.
The Council works in consultation with California Native American tribes to shape the overarching focus and develop the work of the Council and will endeavor to accurately represent the diversity of experience of California Native Americans within the State of California.
To learn more about the Council, please visit the Frequently Asked Questions page.
Subscribe to Receive Notifications
Learn How You Can Help